Loving the Brand - Chanel.


Continuing on with my 'Loving the Brand' series I have gone or a brand that I have accumulated bits of when I have felt like a real treat. Chanel is one of those brands that gives an experience whenever you go to the counter, everything feels special which adds to the purchase and to my love for their products.

Recently I did a post about a repurchase of the Tan de Soleil (here) which is a complete holy grail product for me as it gives the perfect amount of warmth to the skin and can be built up so even when I'm my ghostly pale self it looks natural.
In terms of mascara I will normally reach for natural bristle brushes as they suit my lashes better, but after hearing reviews I decided to give the Inimitable Intense mascara a try, it claims to give volume, length, curl and separation which all sounds rather amazing. I have been impressed with how this mascara makes my lashes look long and fluttery which I find hard to get from silicone bristles - this was definitely a special purchase for its expense but I like to keep it for special occasions when I want those false looking lashes,
Now for a purchase that wouldn't shock anyone, I had to invest a nude pink lipstick so when I saw the shade Boy from the Rouge Coco Shine range it was love at first sight. As the formula is more hydration based it doesn't last as long as matte shades however I always get dry lips so this is super comfortable for me to wear and is easy to top up during the day. I would recommend this shade to anyone as I feel like its one of those that would go with any makeup look and is perfect to be kept in a handbag.
Lastly is abit of a mad purchase that I have come to love and now will start considering shades from their permanent line. I picked up one the Long Lasting Eyeliners from the Spring collection in the shade Fervent Blue which is the most beautiful deep blue shade I have ever seen! I felt like a moth being drawn to a metallic blue super creamy flame - this could seem a completely mental shade to some but I have worn it with a simple black cat eye on the lid with this on the bottom lashline, I think its an effective way to add a pop of colour to your look without going for a bold smokey eye.


If you have any Chanel favourites please let me know in the comments below -
Thanks for reading!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment