Quick and Easy Smokey Eye.




I am a major fan of an intense smokey eye look however I'm not so fond of the time it takes to achieve, so when I found this quick and easy way of creating a similar look I figured I may aswell share it - so here goes! 

For any smokey eye I use an eye primer and for this look I used the Urban Decay Primer Potion as it locks the shadows in place for long wear! I then reached for my Clinique gel liner in Black Honey but you can use any shade of gel liner which is the main thing I love about this look, the same steps can be used in any colour, a black gel can create a gorgeous smokey eye in the same way as I have done this look and is great for the holiday season. However the Black Honey shade is this beautiful purple toned brown with gold running through it - I pat this on and keep adding layers to create as much intensity as I want I then blend the edges with a fluffy brush so theres no harsh lines. 
For the second step I used a similar toned shadow and placed this over the top, this helps set the gel liner and again add more intensity. For my look I used the mid brown shade in the Morning Java palette from Clinique which has that similar purple undertone running through. To add abit more depth I then picked up a small amount of the darkest shade in the palette and placed this on the outer corner and blended the excess into the crease. I then took the same two colour on a small shader brush and took it under the eye to bring it all together! 
To finish I used lots of mascara and right now I keep reaching for the Max Factor Velvet Volume mascara which does exactly what it says on the tin, I have also found it really extends my lashes whilst leaving them feeling soft rather than others that can feel stiff and uncomfortable on the eyes. 

I'm really enjoying wearing this look at the moment and will definitely be trying it in different colours to see how many different looks I can achieve (stay tuned!) I hope you enjoyed this post - I read every comment and will reply to any questions! 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment