My Gym Face.


Ok so I am bracing myself for a slap on the wrist for writing this post but I know from going to the gym that I am not the only girl that puts a little something on her face before working out so I figured I would do a post about what I use and what I have found to not cause any breakouts or look like a hot mess (quite literally) when I leave. 

So the main thing I will always wear is a tinted moisturiser, I either use the YSL Skintone Perfector or the Estee Lauder Sheer Tint as they provide light coverage that looks after my skin but evens it out at the same time. I use this as it doesnt really feel like makeup and isn't like wearing Double Wear for instance - it lets the skin breathe while giving that extra bit of confidence. 

Concealer is not something I will always wear, but if I'm having a particularly rough patch with my skin and either have some blemishes that are crazy obvious or dark circles that make me look like I haven't slept in 10 years then I will reach for my Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer, this one is lightweight but great coverage and doesn't look cakey or thick. 

Staying with Bourjois and their Healthy Mix range, their powder is a staple for me everyday no matter what makeup look I am wearing, however all I do when I go to the gym is dust a little over my T-Zone just to keep the base from sliding around and it just keeps it looking fresh. 

This next step is super optional and definitely depends on how good the shape of your brows are but mine are just loving making my life difficult right now so I pretty much rely on the L'Oreal Brow Artiste to keep them looking somewhat reasonable, however if I was blessed with good brows I would skip this step. 

I pretty much always wear mascara, I'm not particularly faithful to just one, I do really love Lancome Hypnose but will try others and at the moment I'm giving the new Maybelline Lash Sensational a go and I do actually really like it, its not my absolute favourite but does lengthen my lashes quite abit which is nice when you want a more natural look - I'm pretty sure you could add a couple of coats for more vampy looks but I haven't tried that yet. 

Lastly is a lip balm of some sort, I've put my Dior Lip Maximiser is the picture as its the one I use pretty much constantly right now. I do however use anything that I know will keep my lips moisturised and comfortable for a decent amount of time without being greasy or sticky. 

So that's it for my 'gym face' products, I know that you really shouldn't wear any make-up when working out and embrace the naked face but if you're not feeling quite so confident I think finding products that will let your skin breathe, keep it moisturised and aren't pore blocking are the best way to go. 

Let me know if you have any products you would recommend, I read every comment and will reply to any questions

No comments:

Post a Comment